Is Your Logistics Strategy Geared for Growth?
“Companies that grow for the sake of growth or that expand into areas outside their core business strategy often stumble. On the other hand, companies that build scale for the benefit of their customers and shareholders more often succeed over time.” – Jamie Dimon, President and CEO of JPMorgan Chase
Scale Your Logistics Operations to Support Growth
GrowthThe economy has been rough and even fatal to many organizations over the last several years. But there have also been opportunities for growth – either through acquisitions or new product offerings. The real winners over the long term, will be the companies that execute their acquisition and launch strategies most effectively. Logistics may be the linchpin that makes or breaks the execution of those strategies.
Successful logistics growth strategies require just the right mix of people, processes and technology to scale with the organizations they support. If any of those components is weak or missing, the results could be losses to the bottom line or something more catastrophic. The business landscape is littered with stories of former companies that just could not scale.
Growing organizations around the country are struggling with fundamental questions about their shipping and distribution strategies:
- Should we handle our logistics operations internally, insource or outsource?
- Are there ways to centralize and automate manual processes?
- Do we have the ability to track and share logistics data amongst our departments and locations?
- How can we understand and control our REAL logistics costs?
HA Advantage: Evaluate, Prepare, Scale
HA Advantage provides actionable strategies to help you gain and keep control of your inbound and outbound transportation strategies. Our approach starts with a review of your logistics processes and an analysis of our findings. Based on what our team identifies, we may recommend and/or implement some combination of the following:
- Standardization and/or centralizing operational control of logistics technology, processes and reporting
- Transportation Management System (TMS) functionality that may include rate shopping, inbound and outbound shipment tracking, profit margin acceleration and other freight-related tasks
- Third-party audits of bills of lading and invoices
- Refined RFP processes
- Insourced or outsourced logistics programs