Are Your Logistics Operations Under Control?
The Council of Logistics Management defines logistics as “the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from point of origin to point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements.”
Gaining Control of Your Logistics Operations
Distribution The efficient movement of parts for inventories, finished goods to customers and accurate information to internal and external stakeholders are the goals of most logistics departments. Unfortunately, many organizations don’t have all of the resources necessary to internally manage all of the “moving parts” of their supply chains.
Successful logistics strategies require just the right mix of people, processes and technology to execute against operational objectives. If any of those components is weak or missing, the results are wasted time or losses to the bottom line.
Organizations around the country are struggling with fundamental questions about their shipping and distribution strategies:
- Should we handle our logistics operations internally, insource or outsource?
- Are there ways to automate manual processes?
- Do we have the ability to track and share logistics data amongst our departments and locations?
- How can we understand and control our REAL logistics costs?
HA Advantage: Make the Dream of Control a Reality
HA Advantage provides actionable strategies to help you gain and keep control of your inbound and outbound transportation strategies. Our approach starts with a review of your logistics processes and an analysis of our findings. Based on what our team identifies, we may recommend and/or implement some combination of the following:
- Standardization and/or centralizing operational control of logistics technology, processes and reporting
- Transportation Management System (TMS) functionality that may include rate shopping, inbound and outbound shipment tracking, profit margin acceleration and other freight-related tasks
- Third-party audits of bills of lading and invoices
- Refined RFP processes
- Insourced or outsourced logistics programs